Κυριακή 19 Νοεμβρίου 2017

Special tribute to Sundays


Is it Sunday or Pre-Monday? I feel that the case depends on your age and definitely your way of life. As I kid I still have that dreadful memory of this Pre-Monday thing. The fear of the new week coming towards me with 200km/second! That dreadful of a feeling. Of course, you don't need to be an expert in order to interpret it. The coming of Monday was accompanied with the backpack on my shoulders full of books I had no interest in. ''Mommy please I beg you... I don't want to go to school. I have a fever for Christ's sake. Just feel my forehead burning''! However, I don't recall myself playing sick so as not to attend school. I've always had a thing for my beloved friends. I wanted to hang out with them so badly so I was able to bear the surroundings. Indeed I'm overreacting but that's so typical of me. Since our teachers never used any leather straps and made us show our palms wide open I shouldn't be ungrateful. Back when I was a kid my schooldays weren't associated with neither such strict professors nor parents. So I guess I'm making a big deal out of it. Anyway, this doesn't change the fact that I hated Sundays. They have never seemed sacred to me until now. I'm not that old but I'm not that young either. There are several stages in life I've been through and I can have a whole opinion so far. S.S. are supposed to be dedicated to one's self. The religious ones consider Sundays dedicated to their God. I can't blame them anymore. In short of a way I agree. S.S. (short for sacred Sundays) should be all about us. Your body has to rest and your soul has to let go of all this nonsense stress it endures during the week. I have seen people performing all kinds of tasks, two even three jobs, always on the run because their clock is ticking so loudly and it comes after them so fast. Really fast. They get anxious about being on time for their obligations so after all, they forget all about living. They're only struggling to survive. Guys come on, S.S. should be a matter of hugs, of fluffy socks, of soft blankets, of insanely cute pets on your laps, of beloved friends and happy faces, a good book, food for thought, of a hot cup of coffee served in your favorite mug which makes you smile. Our purpose in life isn't just surviving. Nor just living wildly without taking into consideration the consequences. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. One just needs to find that in between which makes him content. While feeding your body don't ever forget to feed your soul. Give yourself a break from time to time. Recharge. Because one day, oh one day it won't forgive you for letting it starve. It won't. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου